LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.
Responsible for uncooled camera calibration development and production sustaining support. Responsible for acceptance test development and maintenance. Responsible for all technical content, documentation, and validation.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
* Education: Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related technical field. * Experience: 5+ years * U.S. Citizen
* Infared focal plane experience * Image processing * Matlab programming * Python programming * Other higher level languages
Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for technical activity and completion of assigned task on time and budget * Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems * May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments. Ability to work independently, regular reporting of progress and status * Review customer specifications and requirements, and under direction develops designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable * Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments * Support the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements * Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required * May provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel * Able to work on multiple assignments and with multiple teams simultaneiously * Excells in problem solving and troubleshooting * Other duties as assigned
* Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. up to 25% of the time
* Office * Lab * Some travel will be required - up to 25%
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS