Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The HR Specialist is responsible for providing support to managers and employees regarding HR policies and practices, researching and/or investigating concerns and making recommendations that promote positive employee relations. Main area of responsibility is to serve as a resource to management and employees in solving day-to-day workplace matters.
This includes conducting workplace investigations and recommending effective solutions and corrective actions in accordance with policy and applicable laws.
- Resolve general employee relations issues; provide guidance and recommendations to all levels of leadership, ensure fairness and consistency of policy and practice.
- Provide consultation to managers on policies and compliance regarding employment related matters.
- Investigate and resolve employee complaints, issues and concerns regarding employment practices originating from the employee hotline and other sources.
- Conduct interviews and prepare relevant documentation using investigation guidelines.
- Recommend appropriate resolution of complaints, develop action plans and follow up to ensure completion.
- Interact with internal (COEs, Field HR) and external resources (vendors) to obtain needed information to manage work to completion.
- Coordinate all leave of absence cases to include general administration, comprehensive case management and compliance with FMLA, ADA and all related policies and employment laws.
- Review dashboard metrics daily to optimize productivity and ensure work is completed in accordance with service level agreements (SLAs)
- Assist with HR projects and initiatives as required; monitor SharePoint site to ensure information is current and accessible.
- Bachelor s degree in HR or related field is required
- 2 + years of experience in employee relations or related experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to influence others on policies, practices and procedure
- Effective at gathering and synthesizing information from multiple parties
- Working knowledge of state and federal employment laws
- Ability to handle sensitive and highly personal information on a daily basis and maintain confidentiality in a mature and non-judgmental manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with case management technology preferred
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Associated topics: consultant, employee relation, happy, labor relation, relation, specialist